Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wishin' for Cruisin'

Ahhh winter.  Will you never end?  Lately, I have been wishing for warmer weather (haven't we all?) and looking forward to summer.  The past two years, my husband and I have been lucky enough to get to travel--in December of 2009 we went on our honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean, and in June of 2010, we got to travel with a good friend out to Washington state to see Seattle and stay with another friend in Spokane.  We had planned a cruise over Christmas break again this past year, but because of family health circumstances, we canceled.

We are hoping to travel again this summer, and are looking at cruising again.  We hope to go with my husband's family, and would really like to do the same itinerary we did last time--Southern Caribbean out of San Juan, Puerto Rico.  We loved our experience last time.  The food was great, the shows were fun, and the weather, of course, was phenomenal.  My favorite thing we did while on the cruise was snorkeling.  The water was so clear, and we got to see a lot of different, amazing fish and reptiles.  The sea turtles were my favorite!  To tide me over, though, I like to visit Cruise Critic.  This site is a collection of message boards, cruise reviews, pictures, etc.  Check it out if you are like me and wishing for warmer weather!
Panorama of a beach in Barbados
Two cruise ships at port
San Juan from aboard the Carnival Victory, at night before departing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...