Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dream Job

I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in sixth grade.  At the end of the school year, my teacher assigned the sixth grade Minnesota History project (since I grew up in Minnesota!) and I hated doing that project.  I told myself then that I would become a teacher, so I could assign my own projects, and they would be so much better than the project we had been given.  Looking back, he was a very talented, veteran teacher, and did everything he was supposed to do for that project--give us choices, allow us to be creative, hit all of the learning styles, etc; I was just an ornery, lazy 12-year-old who thought she knew everything!

With our uncertain economical times, I know that my job will never be safe.  So it has got me thinking:  what would I be if I could have any job at this moment, without having to worry about education level, talent level, location etc.?  I have thought back to before sixth-grade, when I set upon my current path, for ideas:  mermaid princess is pretty unrealistic, I am too shy to be an actress, the professional trumpet player ship has sailed, and lifeguarding doesn't offer insurance.  Something I have wanted to do for a long time, though, could become reality if I worked hard enough at it:  If I had to choose another career path, I would like to be an author of young adult books.  I know that reading for me growing up was a favorite activity, and a great escape, and I would love to provide that for others.  And if it garners me enough money to go cruising a couple of times a year, that would be okay, too!

So, if you had to pick a dream job, what would you pick, and why?  Feel free to throw reality out the window!  I would love to read your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...